Coconut Carrot Chèvre
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2-3 strips of Copra’s young Coconut Meat
- 1/3 cup Copra’s Coconut Water
- 3/4 cup Nutiva coconut butter (not oil)
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp powdered probiotics
- 1 cup ground flaxseeds
- 3/4 cup whole flaxseeds
- 4 scoops protein powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 3/4 cups filtered water
- 1 large organic carrot
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- sea salt
- cumin seeds
- coriander seeds
- zest of one large organic lemon
- red pepper flakes
- fresh organic baby kale
STEP BY STEP
- For the chèvre, combine all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a container with a lid, and set in a warm place overnight.
- Once it has become tangy in flavor, place in the refrigerator to chill completely.
- For the crust, whisk together all ingredients in a large bowl until well blended, then spread out on a lined dehydrator tray in a big square about 1/8 inch thick.
- Dehydrate at 115F for 2 hours, then score into 9 squares with a knife. Continue to dehydrate until completely dry, about 22 more hours.
- Peel the carrots into strips with a vegetable peeler. Toss in a bowl with the olive oil, lemon juice and a little sea salt.
- To assemble the flatbreads, spread some of the chevre onto each flatbread, sprinkle with a little of the cumin seeds, coriander seeds, red pepper flakes and lemon zest.
- Top with the carrots, making sure they are drained well, then top with a little of the kale.
- Serve immediately!
*Adapted from Fragrant Vanilla