Golden Beet Gratin
What you need
- 1 large golden beet, peeled, ends trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup Copra coconut milk, defrosted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 4-5 sprigs fresh thyme removed from stem, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Arrange sliced beets in a circular pattern in a baking dish.
- Combine coconut milk, garlic, salt, pepper and thyme in a small bowl and heat over low heat in a small sauce pot on the stove until just warmed and fragrant.
- Pour milk mixture over the beets in the baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil, top beets with chopped walnuts and parmesan cheese and bake uncovered for another 15-20 minutes until nuts are golden brown and toasted on top.
- Remove from oven, garnish with additional thyme and let sit 5-10 minutes before serving.